ASAA Family Sites:
Sleep Apnea logo sleeptember logo

POLL: How do you sleep during a full moon? Share your story

https://sleepapnea.org/poll-how-do-you-sleep-during-a-full-moon-share-you-full-moon-story/

Sleep the same during a full moon, a crescent moon, no moon, thunder, rain, etc. I wake up no matter what.

Go to bed every night the same way. Sleep like a baby.

With my eyes closed, just like every night.

I HAVE NO BLACK OUTSHADES SO IF I KNOW THE MOON I OUT, I MAY HAVE A LITTLE TROUBLE. AN ATHLETIC SLEEP IS BEST, WITH LIGHT EXERCISE AT AROUND 3;30 PM.

Hello all who read this article.
Just had to say a bit about this full moon topic, firstly there is no scientific proof that you can go crazy on a full moon, but after saying that I would challenge the scientists who evaluated this theory.

Many moons ago,lol I worked in one of the old style institutions for people with special needs, and I can assure these scientists that every night on a full moon reports where logged about disturbances during the night on several wards, and most of those reports where given on patients that would normally sleep very well.
I cannot go into details, obviously, but can assure everyone that it did happen on a regular basis as I have experienced it myself many times.

Some people with apnea may well believe that their very bad nights come on a full moon, maybe that’s just coincidence, having apnea as we all know is a love hate relationship with sleep, 3/4 good nights followed by 4/5 bad ones,etc.
Its just how it goes, and I must say the older you get the more frequent it seems to happen, so yes I have experienced these so called full moon episodes but hey ho, life goes on as my sleep pattern does not follow the terrestrial calendar.