ASAA Family Sites:
Sleep Apnea logo sleeptember logo

Pet-proof CPAP

Our cat stampedes through the house, ricocheting off of furniture, sometimes with a rottweiler in hot pursuit (and he knows how to open doors). Having read of someone’s dog getting wrapped up in the hose, dragging it off a table, and destroying their machine, I thought that I’d put together a dog & cat proof CPAP cabinet. The shelf slides out to service the humidifier. Cost less than $60.
CPAP Cabinet

Hi @Emmet - That is one of the coolest DIY projects I’ve seen in relation to our PAP machines!! So important to think about the safety of our pets as well as expensive life-saving medical equipment :slight_smile: Did you happen to see the #SleepyPets gallery ASAA has going for February?

Nicely done, Emmet!

Thanks for sharing!

What a beautiful job, and a great idea! Wish it would solve the problem of my cat biting holes in the CPAP tubing. After so many layers of duct tape the tube is no longer flexible. Oh well.

I hear that a fleece hose cover will protect it from cats.
As predicted, the cat just crashed into the CPAP cabinet; everything on top went flying in all directions. Inside, the CPAP & mask stayed safe as houses.

Emit; Where are the plans? I have had trouble with the falling of my machine,( I will not tell you how this happened ).

Costway One Door Accent Cabinet

14" drawer slides

2" desk grommets

You’ll need to shim out the drawer slide 1/2" on the door side to get around the opened door, and trim the shelf. A 2" hole saw is the easy way to cut for the grommets, stuck in place with a bit of adhesive silicone.
I used glue on the dowels during assembly, and remember; this is made of MDF, not real wood. Run in the screws just snug; if you torque them like you’re screwing into hickory, they’ll strip.

THANK YOU EMMET, I AM NOT MUCH OF A CABNET MAKER, BUT I MAY BE ABLE TO DO THIS ONE. RW