ASAA Family Sites:
Sleep Apnea logo sleeptember logo

My Resmed CPAP is offline now and can't connect the cloud and data. Can anyone help to share the idea?

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with sleep Apnea issue after an overnight sleep study in hospital and have been on CPAP since then from 2015. However, the CPAP I am using almost every night got a problem recently. It shows an offline signal on the screen and I can’t get any data from the Redmed “myAir” App anymore. By the way, I am using Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset.

I tried to put the machine anywhere in the house to see if there is the issue of singal receptivity, but it is not the case. I am living in Vancouver, BC. However, the interesting thing is when I travel and stay in WA in States, my CPAP can get the signal to send out the data to my App again. I called the CPAP vendor and they had no idea why this happened.

Does anyone have the same issue if you are using Resmed AirSense 10?

The myAir App was offline for a few days while they did some major upgrades to the system. You should have received an email telling you about this - I did. You will need to log-in to the App again when you decide to access the app again. I logged-in yesterday & my data for the past few days was finally reflected.

Try the app again & if your data still isn’t reflected, make sure your app is up to date in the App Store, log-off, then log-on again & see if that works for you. If it’s still not there, wait a few hours to see if it finally updates after signing back in. If it’s still not there, you can send them a message to find out why it’s not updating.

Good luck.

I just got the Air Sense autoset 10. I am not sure where to post with some questions.
Why does distilled water have to be used? My fridge has filtered water can’t I use that to save money?
The machine came with two tubes, one clear and one more grayish. What is the difference and which do I use?
The machine came with a filter and some extra white filters. I cannot figure out if they are washable or have to be replaced.
There are two small plastic pieces and I am not sure what they are for.
There are two slots on the side. Are these both for SD cards and do I use this?
Thank you in advance!!

Hi @hollyro7 - Can you show us a picture of the two small plastic pieces?

Thank you for your reply and help! Sorry, I lost my password and just logged in again now. It seems it’s not the case for my CPAP. I am waiting for the replacement from the CPAP vendor.

Hi hollyro7.

Distilled water is recommended so that you don’t get build up in your humidifier chamber and in your hose (like what you get in a teapot when you use tap water).

The filtered water from your refrigerator still has the ability to generate build up. It’s best to stick with the distilled water. I buy it in one-gallon jugs at 99 cents a jug. It’s totally worth it.

The one tube is heated and the other is unheated. You get to choose what you like best. I think the clear one is the heated one. My husband uses that one with his Airsense autoset 10 and it keeps moisture in his mouth better.

The extra white filters are replacements - these mustn’t be washed. The other filter can be washed and thoroughly air dried for re-use in your machine. These only need replacement every 6 months, but should be washed monthly.

I’m not sure what the 2 small plastic pieces are for. Best to hang onto them, just in case.

The upper slot is for an SD card. Open it up and see if there is an SD card in there. If not, you may purchase your own SD card and card reader. Make sure the little lever on the side of the SD card is pushed up into the “unlocked” position and insert it firmly into the slot with the paper side facing you. Your machine will now record your sleep data while you are sleeping. This is very interesting stuff. You might search duckduckgo.com for an application called “Sleepyhead” and install this on your computer. When you want to see your data after your nights’ sleep, remove the SD card, flip the little lever downward into the “locked” position, insert your SD card into your SD reader and plug the reader into your computer. Select import and then click “yes” when you are queried as to the drive that you want to import from. Click on “statistics” and you will get your complete sleep data, just like your clinician would. This is very interesting stuff! Doing this will not impede the flow of data wirelessly to your clinician. And it’s safe. Enjoy.

I also have an Airsense 10 CPAP machine. Regarding the 2 hoses, is the grey one longer than the clear one? If so, the longer grey tube is the one that hooks up directly to your CPAP machine & if it’s a heated hose you will see what looks like an interface on the thicker end that you will need to line up with the prongs in the hose port on the machine. Make sure you have it firmly plugged in. (BTW, I keep the bottle right between my bed & the night table just so it’s out of the way for tripping over & it’s always handy for refilling the water reservoir.)

The smaller clear hose is to be attached to the longer grey hose on the opposite end (not the plug in end). This clear hose sometimes requires a very short clear tube to connect the two hoses, but I have found that the heated hose for the Airsense 10 doesn’t require the short tube connector as the heated hose already has a snug connector to fit the shorter hose. I just keep that short clear hose in the machine’s travel bag because you never know if it will be needed years down the line.

And you may not need to use the shorter clear hose with some masks. Look at the diagram that comes in the package with the mask to see if it’s needed. Personally, I like having to use the two hoses together as it lets me move more easily in bed with keeping the hoses under my bedsheets (keeping your hoses under your covers also helps prevent “rain out,” which is when you wake up because you have water going up your nose, which shouldn’t happen when the water reservoir isn’t overfilled, especially if you’re using a heated hose, but from experience it can still happen even then).

I also have to check to see if the power cord is firmly attached every time I fill my machine with distilled water because I have to turn my machine sideways to remove the water reservoir, then straighten the machine facing forward after I have replaced the reservoir & doing this occasionally makes the power cord in the back of the machine to begin to come unplugged. It’s much easier for me to just make a routine of making sure the power cord is firmly attached each night.

Regarding the filters, unless the package says it’s washable (I had this with my previous CPAP machine, but still replaced it yearly), don’t wash it. I usually get 2 packages of filters (=4 filters, 2/package) every 3 months, & so replace my filter every 6 weeks, not the longer period mentioned above). You will want to keep the night table your machine is on as dust & dirt free as possible (meaning no plants on the same table) to extend the life of your filters.

I would also recommend you read the booklets that came with your CPAP machine. It’s an expensive piece of equipment that if yours was covered by your insurance company, most likely can only be replaced every 5 years or whenever the machine finally gives out (my previous machine lasted exactly 5 years & that was with keeping to all the recommendations cleaning & replacement schedules) in order to be covered for a new machine. So, you will want to follow the instructions for cleaning your equipment & the recommended replacement schedule for masks/nasal pillows, filters, & hoses.

When reading the booklets that came with your machine, you will better understand its operation & maintenance. You will learn that you need to let your hoses dry out daily (I rinse mine & hang them over the shower rod to dry out first thing in the morning, & give them a good soapy wash once a week). The mask part or nasal pillows should be washed by hand & left to dry daily & completely replaced every 6 weeks to 3 months depending on the type of mask you are using. Keeping your hoses & mask components clean & dry will prevent them from growing any type of mold or bacteria & making you sick, or from reintroducing to you any virus you may have breathed into the mask/nasal pillows, hose(s) (& possibly the filter) while using them. (Personally, I throw out all nasal pillows/replacement masks, hoses & filters that I have contaminated with a virus like the flu. I like to keep the previous hoses I last used on hand - cleaned & dry - just for cases like this, as the insurance company won’t authorize the supply company to send you new hoses just because they have become contaminated; if you really want them replaced due to contamination/illness ahead of schedule, you will have to pay for them out of pocket). And If you can afford it, there are several machines you can buy (ranging from $100 to $450) that will sterilize the entire mask, hoses, etc. daily (Google “CPAP machine cleaners”).

If you should have further questions about maintenance of your CPAP machine, I would recommend that you call the DME (Durable Medical Equipment) company that supplied your CPAP machine & replacement parts or your sleep doctor’s office to see if they can give you a demonstration on how to clean & replace the various pieces.

Good luck & good health.

Hi Guys, just let you guys know I got the new machine replacement from the CPAP vendor and wireless data transfer is working just fine now! It seems I just got a bad one and had nothing to do with the wireless signal coverage from Resmed. Thank you guys here.

Such great news. Keep up the good work!