ASAA Family Sites:
Sleep Apnea logo sleeptember logo

Mississippi and mandated new sleep apnea test?

Hello. I am trying to get new CPAP masks after moving to Hinds County, Mississippi in June 2018. 6 years ago, I got tested for sleep apnea in Harrison County, Mississippi (about 200 miles away). Now I’m being told by my new sleep apnea doctor that I can’t order new masks unless I get a NEW sleep apnea test first. My previous sleep apnea doctor’s office said that’s not true. The Mississippi Department of Health doesn’t know what the answer/law is. Does anyone have any insight of if I truly need another sleep apnea test before I order new masks (in Mississippi) since I moved? Or whom I could contact who would know the answer?

Hi prdean - I really don’t have information about Mississippi and their requirements. I actually just looked up the Department of Health and gave you the same information you already had listed… Sheesh - can I read much? Sorry…

One suggestion is to contact the local sleep center, or sleep doctor… They are totally familiar with the requirements… Good luck and let us know how you do? Thanks, Carol

Hi Ms. Carol.
I contacted a local sleep center and they were the ones who told me I need a completely new sleep test. Yet my previous sleep doc–also in Mississippi–said that’s not true.
I realize occasional sleep studies are important for those of us already diagnosed. But this is a heck of a time for me to shell out that kind of money.
Still, I guess I want to know why they mandate a new test simply because my Zip Code has changed. It seems like a strange (and unfair) rule/law.