ASAA Family Sites:
Sleep Apnea logo sleeptember logo

Learn Waking up Early and Easily

There’s been quite a lot of threads regarding hours of sleep, sleeping patterns, etc lately. So I thought I’d share how I wake up early and easily every morning.

I usually sleep 3 - 5 hours a night due to university lifestyle, I wake up at 5:30-6:00 with no problems.

How do I do it?

Well 60% comes from my motivation.

I’ve come to understand that the each time I press snooze, times still ticking. Time never stops and more time I waste, the longer I’m stuck being a sidewalker.

I know you might be thinking “Oh what a waste of time, I knew that already!”

But don’t worry the last 40% is the best part.

The 40% comes from my alarm.

I’ve simply replaced my radio alarm clock with an app on my iPhone. Every night I plug in my iPhone and place it on my bed. The app than detects my sleep cycle and wakes me up when it’s the best time for me to wake up. It’s sort of related to how people take power naps or commit to those crazy sleeping patterns. Yet a lot better because it doesn’t require commitment and hard work. It replaces your current alarm clock that you’ve learned to hate with something you’ll soon love.

For more information you can also visit: https://sleepissimple.com/learn-to-wake-up-early-in-8-easy-steps

Hi @sanzana,

Thanks for sharing. I would like to comment that no wearable can give you an objective sleep measure. Therefore, your sleep schedule might work for you, however, we don’t recommended this long term due to listed consequences.

I wish you luck with your university student schedule, and hope you are not operating a vehicle. The number of (too few) hours for humans that you are sleeping can drastically increase your chances of a drowsy driving accident.

Sleep well…Be well,

MotherT

Hi @sanzana
Thanks for sharing. I do hope you will strive for more than 3 to 5 hours a night of sleep. It’s not enough sleep and will cost you in safety and health.

I understand that university life can be challenging if you want adequate sleep, but it’s not impossible. I have two kids in college and they both get at least 7 hours without using a wearable. Practicing good sleep hygiene and making sleep a bigger priority is what works best for them.

They are very busy… both work, one has a double major. Even they will tell you the reason why they are doing well in their various activities and classes is due to getting enough sleep (as well as eating right and getting exercise).

Please try for more than 5 hours, you will be so glad you did!

Tamara

Hi, my name is Sue. I have been waking up as tired as when I went to bed. By 2:00 pm I am ready to go back to bed. I wake up often due to dry throat. I have my humidifier set to 8 now and it is still happening. Any suggestions.
Thank You so much in advance.

Hi @Sue, Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties. You should not be feeling this unrefreshed upon awakening. Let me ask you…Do you feel any leaks coming from your mask- Like into your eyes, or down to the bottom of your face? Do you feel as if you are opening your mouth (this is assuming you have a nasal mask-- Do you?)

Thanks,
MotherT

Thank You! Yes, I have a full mask and their is no air leaking in or out of my mask. Does not make sense to me! :grimacing:

Thanks for your reply, @Sue. How long have you been wearing CPAP?

About two months now

I wash out my tube one time a week and wash out my mask every morning. I fill my humidifier to the top line.

I have found the the DME staff is very helpful when troubleshooting these types of issues. Have you had the chance to contact them about this? You should not be feeling so tired. Perhaps you need to be re-studied?