ASAA Family Sites:
Sleep Apnea logo sleeptember logo

Introduce Yourself

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in September, 2016. I used the Cpap machine unsuccessfully for about 6 months. At my request my Dr. referred me to a dentist that supposedly knew what he was doing.I only wish that I had known then what I know now. Because I trusted my Dr. bI assumed this dentist knew what he was doing. I only wish that I had done some research. I ended up paying a lot of money for a device that was horrible. Because of this Dentist’s lack of knowledge I went for weeks without treatment for my apnea. I finally found a dentist that is certified in sleep apnea appliances. I have a new device and hopefully I will have great success with it. There are a lot of different devices available.
Do your research. This website is great!

=

@Kittycat - Thank you for sharing your experience. Very happy for you- congrats on successful treatment!!

I’m Paul from Oklahoma City I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea a year ago last December. I was unable to get a mask at that time due to my insurance not being very good. I am going to try again to get a mask. I work at night and sleep all day and all evening up until it’s time to go to work. I go to work and fight myself to stay awake. I’m sick of it!