ASAA Family Sites:
Sleep Apnea logo sleeptember logo

Always wake up about 2 - 2.5 hours after going to sleep

I was having various problems with my Responics CPAP system. I think I am headed in the right direction with a different type of mask. However,during the couple of weeks of use, I seem to always wake up about 2 - 2.5 hours after falling asleep. I can understand waking up at times but why that time frame on a regular basis.

@schwerz

First, let me ask you a couple of questions, please.

#1. Do you have usage/ adherence data on your machine reporting back to you? If so what is reporting?

#2. When you wake up after 2 -2.5 hours, can you tell me how you are feeling at that point?

#3. Lastly, regarding your sleep study results, were you told the severity of your apnea by your sleep care team?

I use two apps to reaqd the data, DreamMapper and SleepyHead. SleepyHead gives a great deal more detail but I am not sure how accurate it is. I found that during the 30 - 60 minutes or so before waking up, the AHI goes steadily up with numbers between 4 and 8. During my home sleep study, the AHI went up as high as 35. When I wake up I feel frustrated that it happened, again, and uncomfortable having the mask on; so I take it off. Then I sleep generally well. Mask fit is recorded in DreamMapper mainly at 100% with a few at 95 - 99%.

I too wake up sporatically through the night it is v frustrating. I too take it off after four hours (min time ins will pay))\